Directions from all points of the compass
1. Take Larapinta Drive west following signs to Hermannsburg
2. Travel approx 50km
3. Turn right onto Namatjira Drive at the Glen Helen sign
4. Follow the sealed road (Namatjira Drive) 80km to the signs to Glen Helen Gorge
5. The Glen Helen Gorge/Lodge entrance is on the left.
Glen Helen Lodge is 260km from Kings Canyon.
1. Drive North from Kings Canyon on sealed road (12km) which then becomes the unsealed Larapinta Drive (Mereenie Loop Road)
2. Travel approx 120km
3. Turn left onto Namatjira drive, a sealed road, at signs to Tnorala and Glen Helen
4. The Glen Helen Gorge/Lodge entrance is on the right after approx 100km.
* Please note that at this stage ONLY 4WD vehicles are recommended on the unsealed Mereenie Loop Road. The road can be quite rough and could be dangerous as upkeep is limited. Please drive at a safe speed on this road.
Visit http://www.ntlis.nt.gov.au/roadreport/ for up to date information on road conditions
The Red Centre Way, a drive through Australia's most ancient centre, is a 5 day drive circuit visiting Alice Springs - West MacDonnell Range National Park - Finke Gorge National Park -Watarrka National Park - Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park - Alice Springs.
Full details of the spectacular sights and experiences, along with a route map and detailed directions can be found here on Tourism Australia's website.
Be sure to stop by and say hello!